Wednesday 21 October 2009

After hours barber


Another blast from the recent past tonight. This one's been growing on me slightly since I took it on my way home from the 65daysofstatic gig where this shot was taken. My ears were ringing and I still wasn't sure if I'd caused them permanent damage - the Digital system is L O U D (thankfully it's also very good, so I escaped without any after effects). But as I strolled home, enjoying the peaceful ringing in my ears, I was looking out for photo opportunities. This was the only one I saw and I wasn't all that impressed at the time. I think I was hoping for something a bit more dramatic and gritty - something that might attract the interest of someone like the incomparable Dr Karanka on Flickr. But there were no dramas, just the quiet streets of Brighton, leading to the even quieter streets of Hove. So I made do with this scene, hoping that the door frame might act as an aesthetically pleasing divider between the east facing red chairs and those facing west. And it does. At least I think so.

1 comment:

Boo said...

like this photo :-)