Wednesday 2 September 2009

First panorama


I've never done one of these before. It's quite fun in a labour-intensive kind of way. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to fine tune this one so it's not quite so screamingly obvious where one photo ends and the next one starts but there's something appealing about the joins being obvious. In fact I thought long and hard before deciding not to include the jagged edges, Hockney-style, as though the photographs had just been thrown together.

This (or these I suppose) was (were) taken just outside Abbotsbury in Dorset, from where we've just returned from our annual holiday. It was a triumph, thank goodness. After last year's total wash-out I'm not sure we could have survived another rainy holiday. Camping in the English countryside in good weather is almost as good as it gets if you ask me - doing so in relentless downpours is something approaching hell on earth.

Note that I'm making no apologies for being away for such a long time. There's just no point!

No comments: