Thursday 13 August 2009

Another Chill shot


I quite like this one - for me it captures some of the peace of being outside at a festival at night as well as some of the excitement of being inside one of the tents. This is the Coop, although why they didn't just call it the club tent and be done with it I don't know, because that's what it was. This is where the Horsemeat Disco team did their thing after Orbital had rocked the whole festival on Saturday night. HMD are into their good-time, old-school dance music - they played some Michael Jackson and some famous (and some obscure) late-70s disco as well as some more up to date stuff. Most of it worked a treat, although even my Catholic tastes were stretched to the limit by their finale: Down in Africa by Toto. Hmmm. If you ask me there are some guilty pleasures, then there are some tunes that really ought to be allowed to rest in peace. Down in Africa falls into the second category, no doubt about it.

No comments: