Thursday 31 December 2009

Christmas in Sheffield


We spent Christmas in Sheffield and had a splendid time hanging out with the in-laws, eating their food, doing our best to empty their wine rack and generally having a self-indulgent time. We had snow on Christmas day, which was a real treat, only slightly marred by the fact that we'd lived through several days of icy, snowy conditions before we travelled up so there was no novelty to it. There are countless (well, 60) festive photos on my Flickr pages but I decided to post this one here precisely because it's not a Christmas picture. We went to a panto at the City Hall on 27/12 (Cinderella, since you're asking) and found a rather incongruous bunch of fairground rides outside, squeezed into a relatively small area. There was a large spinning swinging thing you can't see in this shot that came within just a few feet of the side of the building every time it swung one way, and about the same from some cables when it went the other. I'm sure it was all very safe but it certainly didn't look it...

2 comments:

nigeyb said...

I've decided to ditch my photo blog. Most of the stuff ended up on Facebook so it seemed silly to be double posting.

Martin said...

Yes that makes sense for you...I like a bit of blarney with some of mine every now and then so I think I'll stick to it - although I seem to be posting less and less frequently.