Thursday 14 January 2010

Post-Christmas family lunch


I wasn't paying an awful lot of photographic attention when we spent the day with my brother and his family and my sister with hers on 2 January. I think we were having too much fun. But I did take a few photos and I think this one's my favourite - mainly from a compositional point of view. I like the symmetry created by Marni and Amanda's body angles and the snacks/drinks they're holding. I kind of wish one of them was in focus but hey, we can't have everything we want in life.
It's also a nice reminder that Marni has enthusiastically embraced the idea of dressing up for special occasions. She spent most of the Christmas season in this suit, handed down by her brother last year. When she goes out she adds a rather fetching cap - one of those rather blousey flat caps, if you get my drift. It makes her look like something out of Oliver! and is unspeakably endearing.

No comments: