Saturday 27 February 2010

Enigma - new object of lust


I've just realised I didn't add any photos from my visit to the Enigma workshop last week. Enigma make beautiful bikes - they made my beautiful bike - traditionally from titanium, although they recently started making steel bikes too. The reason for the visit was that I'm writing a profile article about them for the CTC magazine, but the real reason was to lust after all those gorgeous bikes and learn a bit about how they're made. It was a fascinating morning - who knew that TIG welding could be interesting? And I emerged with a new object for my bike lust, the Extensor, a drop-dead gorgeous steel framed beauty that I'm told rides as well as it looks - and as you'll see from the linked photo (not the rather poncey detail shot above), it looks pretty good. But then for around £3K, it should really shouldn't it?

No comments: