Thursday 4 February 2010

Portraits for sponsorship


As I believe I may have mentioned before, this summer I’ll be taking part in The Race Against Time, a six-day bike ride from Land’s End to John O’Groats.

There are two significant challenges associated with this: cycling 140 miles or more every day for six days, and raising £2000 for the Bishop Simeon Trust, the race charity.

In some ways the fund-raising challenge is harder. Once you’ve hassled your friends and family a few times and still find yourself with just a few hundred pounds pledged, it’s time to come up with other ways of raising the cash.

One of the ways I’d like to do it is by offering a photographic portrait service. I’ll take a photo of you – or your kids, or your dog – and get it professionally printed and framed for you.

You’ll see one of my portraits I’ve done on this page (thanks to Sarah for letting me use it as an example).

For this service I’ll charge a fee of £15, plus the printing and framing costs. To be clear, every penny I receive beyond the printing and framing costs will go towards my sponsorship target.

The printing & framing costs will vary depending on what size print you want in what kind of frame but the starting cost can be as low as £10. So you could have a professionally framed (albeit amateurishly shot) portrait hanging on your living room wall for just £25! Bargain!

Of course if you feel inclined to donate more than £15 towards my sponsorship I won’t stop you.

Finally, if you’re not interested in getting a portrait done but you’d still like to support my ride, you can make a contribution on my Virgin Money Giving page.

Thanks for reading this. If you’d like to chat about having a portrait done, leave a comment on this blog and I’ll be in touch.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea. I'm interested in getting one of me 'n' the grills.

Unknown said...

Yes me too please. Good call Hoob. Now then, what can I sell / peddle in a similar way...? Suggestions please!