Saturday 27 February 2010

Hot Chip


I love Hot Chip. Their gigs are so joyful and uncomplicated. And their music is surprisingly rewarding for something that sounds at first listen like little more than pleasant pop. According to Last.fm they're my second favourite band, after Boards of Canada, and I'm not sure that isn't what you might call an historic anomaly (do you like the AN there? I thought you would). I think they might actually be my favourites these days - and that's something I've always found it almost impossible to pin down before. At least since I was a spotty teenager madly in love with AC/DC.

But I digress. I went to the Brixton Academy last night with my brother and watched Hot Chip do their geeky, funky, soulful thing. The sound was pretty poor, but the vibe was right on the button. This shot was taken during the show's climax - an encore of Ready For The Floor. It was utterly euphoric and completely fantastic.

No comments: