Saturday 9 May 2009

Kitesurfer


In haste tonight, because it's late but I don't want to miss two days on the trot. Here's one of several kitesurfing shots I grabbed after work tonight. There was one guy who was head and shoulders above the rest - epic jumps more than 20 feet into the air and perfect landings - but the swine never did it when I was watching. I'd track him carefully whenever he came anywhere near the shore but he'd never deliver until about two seconds after I lowered my camera. Time and again I'd look away in frustration, knowing he was just about to do something spectacular, but also that he was now too far away to capture it properly. Sure enough, a few seconds later I'd look out to sea and there he would be, flying over the waves at ridiculous heights and with absurd grace. Pah!

Anyway, it was nice to hang out with NigeyB and drink some of his beer while the kitesurfers kitesurfed and my fingers slowly went white thanks to my corporate boy circulation issues. I may post more of these - I was reasonably pleased with them.

PS - do us both a favour - click on this one and view the large version.

2 comments:

nigeyb said...

Absolutely excellent. That lens is superb. Marvellous to see you again. I hope you have regained the use of your fingers.

Martin said...

Thanks - yes the fingers are once again fully functional, although it did take ages. I was fumbling and clumsy for at least an hour. Weird...

Beer's on me next time. (no really!)