Tuesday 19 May 2009

Panda girl


Given that the vast majority of the several thousand pictures I've taken with digital cameras have been of my family - and most of those of my kids - I'm slightly surprised to note that this is only the second one I've used on the blog. I suppose I've been sensitive to the notion that any photographer parent is going to like pictures of their kids more than most other people will, irrespective of how good they are (the pictures I mean - there's obviously a limit to the fondness one can have for disobedient kids). The assumption is that eyebrows will immediately go skyward, and fingers will automatically drum on tables at the first sight of a sentimental family portrait. But dammit I don't care - this is a photograph of my beautiful five (very nearly six) year-old daughter Marni. And I think it rocks.

1 comment:

halfpoundcake said...

I would agree whole heartedly with the notion that this picture rocks, and that she's a beaut...but then I'm hardly impartial either, am I.