Wednesday 4 November 2009

Catfight brewing


I've been a bit disappointed by the photos I brought back from Spain. I think most of them were average snapshots. But I'm also aware that I have a tendency to be a little hard on myself, to the point where I'll actually stop doing something - poetry springs to mind - because I don't think I cut the mustard at it. Whether I do or not is entirely irrelevant of course. What matters is enjoying it, first and foremost, but also working at it, not giving up on it, improving because of it. I need to watch this tendency of mine - it's dangerous.

Anyway, I stumbled upon these three while out for a stroll in La Herradura. They were squaring up for a proper scrap I think, but who knows? Maybe they worked it out as soon as I'd disappeared...

2 comments:

divot said...

I have the same "this is rubbish" instinct with music a lot. I find the only way to combat that sensation is to let yourself enjoy the process and not fixate on the outcome at the end. When you stop trying to make the perfect track/mix/photo/poem and just enjoy doing it, quite often the good stuff just comes.

Boo said...

you shouldn't be so hard on yourself ... that's a great photo x