Saturday 7 November 2009

Fireworks


It's hard to avoid taking your camera along to firework displays - almost as hard as it is coming up with anything remotely original once you get there. I quite like this one because it was 'made' rather than just snapped. It was a conscious effort to capture a distant explosion against a foreground of other, closer explosions and some spectators and buildings for context.

I took about 120 shots that night and ended up with fewer than 20 useable ones thanks to a nearby streetlight that I didn't notice at all when we were there, but which leaked light into most of my shots. Good job it was just a bit of fun and nothing important...

1 comment:

Boo said...

hey martin, I don't know if I mentioned to you that I'm sending Cliff's ashes up in 3 mo-fo fireworks. Would you mind taking pic of them when I send him off? xx