Tuesday 10 November 2009

Cheap jumpers


It's odd how I can walk through Brighton on one day with a camera and come home completely empty-handed and depressed and then take the same camera around the same route the following day and return with a memory card bulging with promising shots. Odd and rather frustrating.

Saturday was a thumbs up day. I was with the family and we were on a bit of a mission but I seemed to see nothing but photogenic gorgeousness all around me. Perhaps it's because I was in a hurry. Perhaps I only thought I saw loads of good shots but walked away happy because I didn't have the time to stop and make a concerted effort to make the most of any of them. This leads me to think I might be able to guarantee my most satisfying photographic experience ever by leaving my camera at home and just ambling around muttering incessantly about marvellous light and shadow play.

I'll mull that one over. In the meantime, here's a snatched shot that I really like of a clothes rail in the North Laine area. Marvellous light and shadow play, no?

No comments: