Saturday 6 June 2009

Drummer from above


This turned out a little better than expected. I think I have the cymbals to thank. It's truly amazing how much there is to photograph on the seafront. However grey the day, however sparse the crowds, however devoid ones head is of inspiration, nine times out of ten something turns up. Today the weather's not that great, I'm feeling slightly below par (as you may be able to tell due to this scintillating prose), the crowds have stayed away and I hadn't a clue what I was going to come home with. Then I walked along the path above the Gemini and heard this band playing - they weren't bad either...

We also joined the library today. I'm slightly embarrassed and ashamed to say it hadn't occurred to us before now - eight years after moving down to Brighton. We've been shelling out on books that get read once and then effectively discarded, but something had to give because Osk is now reading at a fairly scary rate - he got through four thick junior James Bond books inside the last month - so we had to find a way to stop the growing cost of feeding his habit. It's a very photogenic building once you're inside so I think I'll try to get permission to take some shots there. It may not be possible but it's certainly worth asking.

No comments: