Wednesday 24 June 2009

Scary bike


Yet another apparently fruitless amble along the seafront revealed a golden picture opportunity the other day, when this rather distinguished chap rode past on his unfeasibly tall bike. I was intrigued by what he'd do when the time came to dismount but I'm afraid the answer's rather prosaic: he simply swung a leg over the back of the saddle so he was hanging off one side of the bike, then tilted it until it was safe to skip off sideways. The manoeuvre was dexterous but undramatic so I won't dwell on it. But I wouldn't fancy trying it in traffic...

1 comment:

nigeyb said...

I used to regularly see a uni-cyclist commuting through the City in rush hour. A magnificent sight in amongst the regular cyclists and other traffic. He'd just hop off at red lights and then hop back on. Absolutely amazing.