Tuesday 9 June 2009

Glass filler


No time for snapping for three days and counting now - not good enough really. So here's another oldie to fill the gaping hole in cyberspace until I get my act together. It was taken a few months ago on another desperate day when I thought there'd be no photographic fruit. On that occasion I had the gumption to pick up the camera and wander around the house for a bit until inspiration struck - and I have to say I quite like the result. It's not an amazing shot but it's certainly interesting, which was a bonus on such an unpromising day.

Today I actually have a pretty good excuse for not getting out there snapping. I was taking my daughter to her very first fracture clinic, where she was pumped full of entonox and had her broken arm manipulated back into some sort of semblance of straightness. The radius just above her wrist was at a 25 degree angle (should have been straight) so it seemed like a good idea at the time but it was a difficult thing to be all solid and paternal about - seeing a five year old giggling on N2O one minute and then howling in pain as a burly orthopaedic surgeon presses hard right on the point where you know her arm's broken is a tough one. Still, it's only bent by 15 degrees now, so I think we'd all agree it was worth it (specially Marni, who got a bag of sweets out of the deal).

No comments: