Wednesday 15 April 2009

Easter backlog #4


I realise it's time to move on from Easter but today was one of those relentlessly awful work marathons that never seem to end, and that certainly don't offer up much in the way of photography opportunities. So it's another Chatsworth picture. I think this one could have been special if the light had been better, but I wonder how many images have that little caveat attached to them...

I noticed something yesterday when I was showing the Easter pictures to Madge: I wasn't really happy with any of them. I found myself slightly embarrassed about the general quality and I haven't quite worked out yet whether this means I'm getting more exacting and the pictures are as amateurish as ever, or I'm getting more exacting a little more quickly than my pictures are improving, or I'm just full of shit. Time may be the best judge of this one...

Last night I went to see David Byrne at the Brighton Dome. He was very good and rather photogenic, as you'd expect, but I didn't have my camera with me because they frown on lenses that look 'too professional'. More compelling evidence, as if it were needed, that I really would benefit from a decent point 'n' shoot: the Ricoh R10 for instance...

No comments: