Friday 3 April 2009

Pebble gull



So, day two and I'm already cheating. I took this one yesterday, not today, but life was easier yesterday, the weather was better, work less demanding. So I'm forgiving myself. This pebble sculpture was made by a homeless Irish guy on Brighton seafront as a way of earning himself a bit of beer money and some self-respect. He said it took him days - I'm guessing hours actually, but I don't want to take anything away from his achievement. He reckons he's the only pebble sculptor in the country and it seems churlish to argue with that. We spoke for 10-15 minutes and he was very happy for me to take pictures of his work. I'm slightly irritated with myself that I didn't take his picture too - rapport was definitely established and I don't think he'd have minded - but it never occurred to me to ask. Perhaps a proper photographer would be staight back the next day to ask...perhaps I'm not a proper photographer.

No comments: