Wednesday 1 April 2009

Looking up...

Oh yada yada with the work-related bullshit already. I'm being boring and I will now stop (the astute among my imaginary readers will have already worked out that this means I haven't had that tricky conversation with my boss and that I'm rationalising furiously to find ways of avoiding it for good. The clever money's on me with this one).

But anyway, spring's arrived, the daffodils are already wilting, the blossom's out big style and the weather's been kind enough to dry out the trails of the South Downs and thus make them accessible to middle-aged mountain bikers who aren't dedicated or brave enough to tackle them in the middle of winter. Just this afternoon - a regular working day - my terrible boss told me to take an hour or two off as I'd been good enough to stick around and send out a couple of messages last night. So I took the mountain bike and headed off for a quick blast, as you can see from the picture, which was taken just 20 minutes from my front door. I've not really got all that much to complain about have I?

My perky mood is all the more welcome because I spent eight or nine hours this weekend at a house party, where I indulged in dubious practices best reserved for 20-somethings, and deejayed for what must have been at least half the time I was there, if not longer. It was enormous fun - a delightful throwback to how I spent much of my time in the 90s - and the best part of it is that I've not had to pay too high a price on the recovery front, if you get my drift. I have, it seems, escaped undepressed. Life is not so bad, it's official.

Now I've got less angst to moan about I might turn this into more of a photographic blog. I've been thoroughly enjoying a digital photography course that's just finished, so I'm looking for a new outlet for my efforts - something to keep me inspired and in the proverbial game. I might even try to make it a daily thing...let's see how we get on.

Consider the shot above my opening gambit.

No comments: