Sunday 26 April 2009

Marni on the rocks


Marni and I had some good father/daughter time today. It probably doesn't happen as often as it should but we always enjoy it when it does. Oskar was playing football at Hove Rec and we were getting cold watching him so we cycled off to Hove Park, which is about 590 metres away, according to a sign I remember seeing today. When we got there we did our usual thing of cycling around the edge of the park, then swooping down a grassy hill at speeds that probably feel like they're on the very edge of what's possible to her (says the fearless downhiller...). Then we decided to clamber onto the climbing rock for a bit. I took some pictures of her climbing - including this one - then decided I should be participating, not recording, so I put the camera away and climbed up after her. I suppose I would say this wouldn't I, but she's good! Really! She was picking her hand- and foot-holds and facing the rock all the time. She was basically fearless (which is what we've come to expect from her) but also careful. Suddenly I feel we may have a climber in our midst. How weird is that?

I'm tired and a bit drunk now so I'm not going to explore our relationship here and now. It would be a mistake I think. Suffice it to say we're in good shape at the moment, my daughter and me :)

No comments: